Ultimate declutter guide can be a great help for keeping your portable storage clean. When you first look at clutter, it can be overwhelming. You may not know where to begin. Once you conquer your clutter, there are many benefits to overcoming it. Let’s get into the ultimate declutter guide for your portable shelter.
Why Should You Declutter?
There are many reasons why you should simplify your storage. Although everyone has their own preferences and lives their own way, decluttering to some degree can help most people. Here are some ways the ultimate declutter guide can benefit you:
- Your life becomes less stressful. Clutter can serve as a visual distraction that causes stress in your life. It’s a constant reminder of things you need to do. You might want to ignore you bills, laundry, piled up junk, but clutter is a constant reminder of things you can’t ignore.
- Many people work better in an uncluttered home or workspace. Less distractions mean better focus.
- Uncluttered homes and workspaces are more peaceful and can help you relax.
- A decluttered home is more attractive if you are trying to sell your home. It is also more inviting when visitors arrive.
- Decluttering frees up space. Less clutter gives you more space to live, play, and work.
Ultimate Declutter Guide Steps
Here are some ultimate declutter guide strategies that can get you started.
- Set a timer. The first piece of advice in our ultimate declutter guide is to block off a specific amount of time for your project. This will reduce some of the overwhelming feelings you may have. It can also create a sense of urgency that helps you get down to business. Whether it’s one hour or six hours, stick to the timer and spend as much of that time as possible working on your project. Once you start to see a difference, it’ll give you the motivation to keep going.
- Create a starting point. Begin with one area of your space that is a no-clutter zone. Make a rule that nothing can be placed there until you organize and assign your belongings. Slowly expand this area until it covers a larger amount of space. Section things off to help organize.
- Another successful tip in our ultimate declutter guide is to set up four boxes to begin your project. Each box should be designated for a different purpose: one for trash, one for donations, one for storage, one for relocation.
- Clean out your closets! Closets are a major collector of clutter. When you begin to tackle your closet, you not only rid your house of excess clutter, you open up storage space for clean other areas of the house. Donate clothes you haven’t touched in six months. Organize the items you plan to keep.
- Just as with your indoor space, the ultimate declutter guide is a great resource for your portable shelter. Portable shelters can easily accumulate a great deal of items. Whether you use your portable shelter to store your vehicles or as added storage to your home, they should be cleaned regularly. If not, you can end up with a bigger project than you want to have to handle. Similar to indoor space, setting a timer, sectioning off items, and getting rid of bags immediately of items you wont be keeping is the best way and most successful way to handle this project.
These are just a few important steps you can take to declutter your space. When you follow our ultimate declutter guide, you’ll be on the fast track to making the most of your portable storage space. Living in a cleaner less cluttered space will lead to a happier more productive life.